nfs mount problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 28 08:26:08 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 28 April 2010 05:29:55 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 April 2010 07:27:32 Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> > > Brilliant question Martin. Here are a couple of articles relating to
> > > work arounds to that problem.
> > >
> > > http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/debian/bugs/openoffice-over-nfs.
> > > js px http://pts.szit.bme.hu/solution_to_openoffice_nfs_locking.html
> > >
> > > And here is a guide to properly configure NFSv4
> > >
> > > http://www.crazysquirrel.com/computing/debian/servers/setting-up-nfs4.j
> > > sp x
> > >

> > > Eli
> >
> > One more article.
>
> Ooops forgot the link
>
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=146500

That one is three years old, and talking about FC6.  However, I did check the
nfslock status and was told that rpc.statd is running.

The crazysquirrel guides look the most promising of anything I've seen so far.
I'll try that out as soon as I've done the more urgent stuff.  Thanks for the
links

KDE Community Working Group