Eric wont install and python qtdemo wont run accelerated

Martin Airs martin at airs.me.uk
Fri Dec 31 13:23:16 UTC 2010

Good day all,

When I attempt to yum install eric..

Installing:
 eric                           x86_64         4.4.8-1.fc14    fedora

Installing for dependencies:
 qscintilla-python    x86_64        2.4.4-2.fc14     fedora
 sip                             i686             4.10.5-2.fc14  fedora

it fails with...

package sip-4.11.2-0.2.fc14.x86_64 (which is newer than
sip-4.10.5-2.fc14.i686) is already installed

I'm not quite sure why it wants to install the i686 version of sip, but I
already have a newer X86_64 version installed?
I'm using all 3 kde, kde-testing and kde-unstable repos and am currently
running 4.6 RC1 (4.5.90.1)
I cant download and install the latest eric 4.4.10 because it still requires
that I yum install qscintilla-python. How can I get around this?

Also when I run the qtdemo included in PyQt4-devel rpm it segfaults and I have
to run it with -software switch to make it work, any ideas why this might be?

Thanks in advance for any help on these matter

Martin