kontact does not start with 4.4RC3

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Thu Feb 11 06:15:04 UTC 2010

Unfortuneately... Kontact apps fail whether neopunk is enabled or not.

This is starting to be epidemic. First a minor app like kmix won't allow
to properly adjust all the volume settings of my device and so I have to
use gmixer and now kontact won't work (I'm sure that it will be fixed :)
and this email is being written in evolution.

I realize that everyone here at Fedora and there at KDE are working real
hard. But can we start somekind of rebellion or something..... I mean
really. Basic QA does the app do what its supposed to do before going
Gold. Please can our reps here at Fedora politely complain on our
behalf.... Please.

Eli

On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 14:53 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Christos Lazaridis wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I decided to give 4.4 a try and it does feel better than the beta that I
> > tried and made me go back to 4.3 but I cannot get kontact to work for me.
> > kmail, kaddressbook, korganizer etc all work fine standalone but kontact
> > refuses to start.
>
> May or may not be related, but...
> I can't seem to get any kontact-related app (well, only test kontact and
> kmail) to function if nepomuk isn't enabled.    ouchie.
>
> Investigating more...
>
> -- Rex

believed to be clean.