A little more MIDI help, please

Ariel Constenla-Haile ariel.constenla.haile at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 15 11:28:44 UTC 2010

Hello Petrus,

On Monday 15 February 2010, 02:01, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > his worked for me back then
> > http://www.harald-hoyer.de/linux/pulseaudio-and-jackd
> > but I didn't try it with recent/current Fedora version.
>
> Hey, thanks for the link. I will have a look at the article.

I forgot an interesting article
http://www.passback.org.uk/music/fedora-music-intro/

and also to mention the Planet CCRMA repo, first thing I do after installing
Fedora since a couple of versions is to enable that repo, for Fedora 12 x86_64
it will be

rpm -iUv
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/mirror/fedora/linux/planetccrma/12/x86_64/planetccrma-
repo-1.1-2.fc12.ccrma.noarch.rpm

More info on http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

[Although the CCRMA is a completely trustful source, last time there was a
missing dependency I had to install manually:
libffado-2.0-0.6.rc1.fc12.ccrma.x86_64
If you choose to install this repo, just to make sure, look at the different
software logs for info; IIRC I've found this missing dep. on jackd log]

Also notice that you may what to join the Fedora Music list
There is an interesting thread in Dec. 2009
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/music/2009-December/thread.html

It's interesting also to read Orcan's [who already joined this thread] opinion
about PA
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/music/2009-December/000496.html

Regards
--