enable nepomuk (by default) for f11/f12 too?

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 21:01:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Rex Dieter wrote:
> I'm only suggesting enabling nepomuk by default, but probably keep
> strigi indexing off.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> -- Rex

Hi,
This might be related to your question:
I just upgraded to 4.4 and I got this pop-up on first login:

Nepomuk Indexing Agents Have Been Disabled
The Nepomuk service is not available or fully operational and attempts
to rectify this have failed. Therefore indexing of all data stored in
the Akonadi PIM service has been disabled, which will severely limit
the capabilities of any application using this data.

The following problems were detected:
Nepomuk is not running.
Additional help can be found here: userbase.kde.org/Akonadi

Additional help did not really help. Maybe I missed something. Is
there a quick fix for what is broken, whatever it is? I really don't
know what nepomuk does, but it sounds like a jungle beast so I think I
should not upset him.

Orcan