migration destroyed my distribution lists

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:20:26 UTC 2010

Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Thursday 18 February 2010 00:45:50 Neal Becker wrote:
>> After migration, my distribution lists in kaddressbook now look like
>> random ascii garbage.
>>
> Please describe what you are seeing, and where.  Vague things like this
> give us no chance of helping you.
>
> Anne

See attached.  'adg' is a dist. list.  It used to be a list of names.  It
looks to me, that the vcf file has a UID for each person, and the dist list
is a ref to these UIDs.

e.g:
X-KADDRESSBOOK-DistributionList:;NmeHrnOTSK\,;2i4hfxBSOd\,;s6Q3CFWGtm\,;vq9
 TCsQRbp\,;gtwnqAv0TZ\,;Ne9cQXQUB6\,;LqVX3rVhdr\,;HtXWCXJxhz\,;GBspyD2Rka\,;
 KAUdn8y7Wi\,

It's not just cosmetic (kosmetic?), I found out because I tried to send to
my dist list adg with kmail and it didn't work (did not expand adg to the
list of recipients).  This worked fine before the upgrade to 4.4.