Regular users happy with KDE 4.4.0 SC?

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 10:46:18 UTC 2010

Hi,

Today KDE 4.4.0 came in on my production system - fully updated FC12.

First, congratulations and thanks for the hard and mostly good work!

Next, I was hit by (1) errors during the start of akonadi and (2) a messagebox
that was telling me that nepumuk is disabled.

I've followed the discussions on fedora-kde, so I knew what could happen. But
what would a regular user think? Is KDE 4.4.0 some what to early pushed? How
can we be - a little more - sure this won't happen in the future? Any thoughts
on this? (I tried kde 4.4.0 on rawhide and not on my production system for
obvious reasons :-))

Martin Kho

Note 1: trying to start nepomuk caused abrt to kick in. I'll see if I can get
a decent bug report.

Note 2: don't understand me wrong, It's not my intention to start a flamewar
:-)