Change default printer setting to duplex

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Feb 24 15:43:54 UTC 2010

Armelius Cameron wrote:
> I wonder how do the rest of you set up printers, via
> system-config-printers still ? If that's the case, I wonder how other
> distros that runs KDE set up printers since I thought
> system-config-printer was Redhat's stuff. Do they use CUPS directly ?

The KDE stuff is actually based on system-config-printer (it's called
system-config-printer-kde and it requires system-config-printer-libs). At
least Ubuntu is shipping system-config-printer as well, and as Kubuntu
didn't want to ship GTK+ stuff, they made the KDE version and contributed it
to upstream KDE. But it tends to lag behind the GTK+ one. :-(

The most straightforward workaround for the authorization issue is to run
"kdesu system-config-printer-kde".

        Kevin Kofler