Three simple user questions

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 11:58:40 UTC 2010

2010-02-25 Sven Lankes <sven at lank.es>:
>>   1. How do I disable functionality, that when I move a window close
>> to the top (possibly close to any edge) of the screen KDE maximises
>> it?
> System Settings -> Desktop -> Screen Edges -> [ ] Maximize windows by dragging them
> to the top of the screen

  This one worked!

>>   2. How do I switch to "standard" KDE mouse pointer (the one seen in
>> most KDE screenshot), to be more specific where can I download that
>> cursor theme (what is it's name)?
> System Settings -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Cursor Theme
> I'm guessing that you're looking for one of the Oxygen themes.

  Couldn't find Oxygen theme download immediately but I will do it
later. Now I know the name.

>>   3. Is it possible to change the "glow" colour? The one "beneath"
>> active window. Currently it's blue.
> System Settings -> Desktop -> Desktop Effects -> All Effects -> Shadow
> There is a "Color" setting in that effects settings dialog.

  That colour is set to Gray. I think it's used for say shadow below
menus (those are Gray), but windows apparently have different
"shadows"... Interestingly enough I do not have even one single blue
colour in Appearance->Colours and my windows still have blue shadow.

  Thank you for answers! Especially the first one was very annoying :)

--
Tomas Straupis