High resource usage for Konq, nspluginviewer and Xorg...

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 25 22:10:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Patrick Boutilier
<boutilpj at ednet.ns.ca> wrote:
> On 02/25/2010 05:13 PM, Thomas Janssen wrote:

>>> Could you please smear the closed source driver a bit more ?  Just
>>> because its closed source doesn't mean its bad.
>>>
>>> So what if its not supported by "us".  Maybe the problem isn't in the
>>> closed source driver.  Maybe its in a, gulp,  Fedora component !  Have
>>> you even looked ?
>>
>> What's the real problem? You think you have to fight something
>> personal with me? Then simply tell me what.
>>
>> Closed source drivers aren't supported by us == Fedora. It counts for
>> any closed source software.
>> If you think that isn't right, go on and change it.
>>

> I think what he is saying is that not every bug found by a user running
> the Nvidia proprietary driver is necessarily an Nvidia bug.

Neither do/did i. I just said "Well, that's a problem.". The problem
starts with, the user cant file a bug report, because it gets most
likely (if not for sure) closed due to the fact he runs the closed
source driver. I know that as a Bugzapper. We even have a button to
close such bugreports.

I did run long enough the propietary fglrx driver. So i know it's a
problem to run closed source drivers. Thank god this is over since
F-12 and the mesa-dri-drivers-experimental. And it will be over for
nvidia users as well, beginning with F-13.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium