konq as kfm new annoyances

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 07:14:51 UTC 2010

Gene Smith wrote:

> The surprise is what I see in step 4 in that all before "mod" shifts to
> the left and out of sight while I type "-works".

Verified here, too.

My guess is that, as I have the icons slightly enlarged (22 pixels, using details
mode), instead of shifting to the left, on my system it gets broken into 2 lines
while renaming and I am thus unable to see the part on the top line while I am
typing the 'mod' to the name on the lower line. Even when I shift the slider to
make the name field even huger, it still breaks up into 2 lines.

Yes, this has kind of irritated me, too, and I have not yet figured out how to
change it, or if it can be changed. You could, if you are even more irritated than
I am by this behaviour, disable inline renaming. In that case, a window will open
up when you rename (I haven't used that method since about kde-4.0, when it was the
only option, so I don't know how it responds these days).

If you think this should be changed and, after further experimentation appears
unchangeable, then you would do best to file a bug report or a wish at
bugs.kde.org. I don't know whether filing at bugzilla.redhat.com would be useful,
but it couldn't hurt, as likely complaints get passed on up the chain (?).