kdepim4.5

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sat Jul 3 16:56:40 UTC 2010

On Saturday 03 July 2010 16:05:13 Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> On 07/03/2010 09:59 AM, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> <snip>
>
> >> No, it's ready enough for Beta, that's why the PIM devs are pushing
> >> *beta* tarballs!
> >
> > But it isn't going to be released with kde 4.5. Only a later version and
> > we're testing kde 4.5 over here. Not kde 4.5.1 or 2 or whatever.
>
> qt 4.7 is in unstable. It is not going to be released with kde 4.5
> either. I think you are missing the point of kde-unstable.

Fine. K. then. I guess I am getting confused. But that means that I will not
always know what package goes with what package which means that I will not be
able to rely on the relative stability of whats coming out of kde-redhat.
Bummer really since I've been with the repo for a very very long time. Bummer,
because I won't have the resources to be able to help, what little I can,
because I'm never going to be sure of how tight the integration between all
the packages are going to be in the repo that they're sitting in. Bummer since
kde-redhat has become an extension of the kde release cycle rather than the
kde packaged for fedora release cycle. I guess that once 4.5 goes gold I will
have to rely only on Fedora's stable packaging. I guess that's OK, because I
know that the final product when its finally going to be released is going to be
great. Really a bummer for me though, because I have enjoyed very much
watching how each full release has progressed over time.

Eli

believed to be clean.