kdepim4.5

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jul 4 21:04:09 UTC 2010

Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> Yes it does. But unstable in what context. Sorry about sounding
> philosophical about this. But if your talking about kdepim 4.5 release in
> the context of kde development then yes its unstable. If your talking
> about kdepim 4.5 in terms of fedora release then your talking about
> unusable. Why... because the developers have said that this is not for
> release.

Nonsense.
* It's a beta release. So is most other stuff which goes into kde-redhat
unstable (e.g. KDE betas, Qt TPs and betas, application betas etc.). It's
called unstable for a reason.
* It comes with minor feature regressions compared to what's in the targeted
Fedora release. So does most other stuff which goes into kde-redhat unstable
(e.g. KDE 4 for F8, Amarok 2, KOffice 2 etc.). It's called unstable for a
reason.
* It's released on its own schedule, not KDE SC's. So is most other stuff
which goes into kde-redhat unstable (e.g. Qt betas, betas of Amarok and
other applications etc.). This doesn't make it any more or less stable. kde-
redhat unstable is about QA for the next FEDORA relase, NOT the next KDE SC
release. It allows you to test ALL new stuff, not just what will be released
with the next KDE SC. It has ALWAYS been like that.
So how's kdepim 4.5 special?

We will NOT drop kdepim 4.5 from kde-redhat unstable. Please quit wasting
our time with that useless discussion!

        Kevin Kofler