kdepim4.5

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 5 07:13:23 UTC 2010

2010/7/5 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> On Sunday 04 July 2010 22:49:48 Thomas Janssen wrote:

>> > A logical suggestion for a Technical Preview, thout it was obviously a
>> > suggestion which makes your remark fatuous.
>>
>> No, it's not a Technical Preview, but a beta1.  And you better watch
>> your language. I'm not one of your hutchigutchis.
>>
> Yet although it was not in that message, the developers have repeatedly
> referred to it as a technical preview, as I'm sure you are aware.
>
> As for my language - it's standard English.  Nothing wrong with what I wrote.
>
> Kde-pim is central to work for many of us.  In view of that we can't just make
> a snap, uninformed decision.  If we were worried about a media-player or image
> application there would always be another to fall back on.  This is simply not
> the same - for many of us it is of the utmost importance.
>
> That some of us use testing packages benefits Fedora, which seems to be
> completely overlooked at the moment.

Quite interesting how you try to destroy our reputation in #akonadi on
IRC freenode:

      #akonadi

     [08:55] <annew> I'm worried about the 4.5 kdepim coming to fedora
     [08:56] <annew> they are going to put it into updates-testing
without any warning that it is a technical preview
     [08:56] <annew> and have even said on the ML that it isn't a
technical preview, but a beta
     [08:56] <annew> and if you don't like it, complain to kde,not us.
     [08:56] <-- till has left this server (Quit: Leaving.).
     [08:57] <annew> their attitude is very worrying
     [08:57] <annew> it feels as though we are heading for another 4.0 situation
     [08:58] <annew> I feel strongly that people should be given the
information to make their own judgement as to whether to test it

You better stop telling that kind of BS. If you're not able to
understand what you read maybe you have to find a different business.
Don't fuck everybody up, really. Stop telling others false information
as you obviously like to do.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium