kdepim4.5

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 5 20:21:16 UTC 2010

On Monday 05 July 2010 11:37:23 Eike Hein wrote:
> On 07/05/2010 09:13 AM, Thomas Janssen wrote:
> >       [08:56]<annew>  they are going to put it into updates-testing
> >
> > without any warning that it is a technical preview
>
> That is an outright lie: kde-unstable is not updates-testing,
> and it has been mentioned multiple times in this thread that
> kde-unstable frequently carries packages that are never in-
> tended to be submitted to updates-testing for current stable
> releases.

I have already spoken on irc about this.  I made a mistake in the naming,
largely because I was rushing, just about to leave the building.  I admit the
mistake, and would have willingly corrected it.  As it is I didn't see
anything about this for many hours.

I do resent being called a liar - I have never deliberately told any lie, nor
have I tried to ruin your reputation.  The conversation you quoted was not
even on a user channel, so if you had not chosen to quote it, most people
would not have seen the mistake.  It would have been more kind and honest
to tell me that I had made a mistake, instead of using insulting language
against me in this way.

I have been told that I must not help users on Fedora channels in future, so I
will have rather more time for my other interests.

What I said accurately expressed my feelings from the long thread.  It is
hardly surprising that we were confused, after all the aggressive replies to
our genuine concerns.  I am happy to say, however,  that the end result is
that we have been given information that users can employ to safeguard
themselves if they don't want to run the latest kdepim, and happy to hear
that an announcement to that effect will be made at release time.