Fwd: [Kde-pim] KDEPIM 4.5 releases

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jul 7 07:56:38 UTC 2010

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Given these new developments, I've untagged this from rawhide, and removed
> the builds from kde-unstable for now... pending further discussion and
> planning.

I guess this is material for the next meeting.

Doing something like for KOffice, where we optimistically put stuff into
Rawhide and kde-unstable, then Epoch-bumped late in the Fedora release
schedule when it didn't make it, but put the stuff into kde-unstable for the
pending release at that point, might be doable. On the other hand, it's a
recipe for inflating Epoch, unless we're ready to ship whatever is there
when F14 releases, stable or not. kdepim already has Epoch 6, kdepim-runtime
doesn't have an Epoch yet.

Shipping whatever's there when F14 releases (i.e. shipping it in F14 even if
it hasn't made it out of beta by then, just not pushing it as an update to
existing releases at least until it gets stable, if ever) is what I'd
personally argue for, but I might not have many "friends" defending this,
and I realize it can be a disaster, remember how I wanted to ship F8 with
KDE 3.94.0? ;-) That "beta" version turned out to be mostly unusable junk.

        Kevin Kofler