XSession help needed

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Tue Jul 13 20:18:03 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 13 July 2010 20:56:34 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 11 July 2010 18:25:44 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > On Sunday 11 July 2010 09:56:06 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > Thanks for the offer of help.
> >
> > Your welcome
> >
> > Eli
>
> Hi, Eli.  Here you are: http://pastebin.ca/1899947
>
> I was working on several things, so had both Konqueror and Chromium open
> with a number of tabs each.  Without warning X crashed.  The mouse could
> move the cursor - white arrow on black screen, and the keyboard appeared
> to be read - Ctrl-alt-F2 was recognised, and so, when I tried it
> eventually, was Ctrl-alt- Del.  Ctrl-alt-backspace did nothing, though.  I
> tried to use a VT to restart plasma, but I don't think it's plasma that
> crashed, I think it was X itself.
>
> Hope you have some ideas :-)
>
> Anne

Hi Anne

What I can see from the logs that you presented was that all the way down
Xwindows seemed to be healthy.

You say that you were able to switch over to a console. The next time it
happens please post the output of

ps aux

One possibility that comes to mind is that it is very possible that the
computer overheated.

Konqueror /  Chromium) hmmm.... Questions (probably silly). Are you using
adobe's flash plugin? Is it the 64 bit version or the 32 bit version? If the 32
bit version are you using it in a 64 bit environment? If you are using flash do
you experience the same symptoms if you were to use firefox or google-chrome?

Eli

believed to be clean.