XSession help needed

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Tue Jul 20 17:06:05 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 20 July 2010 14:05:33 Anne Wilson wrote:
> anne     29776  0.1  4.2 179956 164764 ?       Sl   Jul17   7:06
> /usr/bin/virtuoso-t +foreground +configfile /tmp/virtuoso_n29770.ini +wait

Hi Anne

The only thing that I see that maybe (and that's a very iffy maybe) you've got
a buggy plasmoid running. Its maybe, because virtuoso seems to be the only
application utilizing any CPU time at all. But, like I said, its very iffy
because it wasn't very much CPU.

Other than that, I would suggest running with a brand new user or make a
complete backup of your home folder, and start with an absolutely clean
configuration and see if the problem reappears.

I've had some difficulty with plasma during the transisiton from 4.4 to 4.5
probably due to the Beta nature of 4.5 But that was overcome. Part of the
problem was that when I started kde on my dual screen one of my screens was
completely black. However, I could move my mouse and regular applications
would appear on the "black" screen. I did not attribute that to a bug, but
rather corruption due to a unclean shutdown. Now I understand that its not
exactly the same issue as you've been having, but it does sound similar.

Eli

believed to be clean.