system-settings and logout

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 13:30:24 UTC 2010

Robert Szalai wrote:

> a) When I change something in system-setting and press the Apply
> button the whole desktop hangs. I need to restart X and log in again.
> The changes I made seem to be there after restarting X, though.

I had this when I changed application appearance/colours. It was just after upgrading to 4.4.95. It only occurred once, but I have not made any changes since, as no previous settings had been lost due to the upgrade (I just wanted to have a different colour scheme for a change). I had to go to a different virtual terminal and kill X, I think it was, or did I just hit ctrl-alt-backspace? Yes, I think it was the latter. In any case, I logged back in and my settings had been applied and I have had no problems since (albeit, I have not made other colour or other changes).