KDE desktop effects

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jul 30 18:41:11 UTC 2010

Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> * Is there a possibility to draw window borders which one can grab
> with the mouse and have the window fold like a sheet of paper (this
> makes sense only when window is maximized)? This is a feature of
> Emerald window decorator in compiz, haven't seen it anywhere else.
> Kwin doesn't seem to have an option of drawing window borders at all,
> for maximized windows.

I think you're confusing the concepts of "maximized" and "fullscreen": KWin
always draws window borders for maximized windows, but fullscreen ones have
the very purpose of not having window borders. You maximize a window through
the window decoration, the "fullscreen" option (often activated by the F11
keyboard shortcut) provided by some applications is different.

        Kevin Kofler