kde 4.4.80-1 & 4.4.85

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 13 08:05:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:58 PM, John R <jrosich at cinergymetro.net> wrote:
>  Thanks for the releases. We've been running the rawhide and Fedora 13
> versions (86_64 and i686 - fully updated) for a few weeks now and have
> the following comments to date (comments apply to both versions):
>
> 1. Dolphin crashes - it always happens when the cursor is positioned
> over a '.rpm' file. Other times, it crashes spontaneously. No error
> messages in either case.

That was a strigi (some analyzer IIRC) problem, already fixed upstream
and seems to be fixed here with latest updates.

> 3. Desktop settings - on all machines, our custom background settings
> were replaced by the default setting. With '80.1' this happened only
> when it was installed; with the '.85' edition, the replacement happens
> on each reboot.

It happened here as well, changing back the activity to the one i had
before the update fixed it. Right click on Desktop -> Unlock Widgets
-> Click Activitys -> On the "panel" appearing choose the old
activity.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium