Request for a K3B enhancement... multiple disk data splitting.

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 20:42:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 19:42 +0000, g wrote:
> Linuxguy123 wrote:
> > I'd like to request an enhancement to K3B, that being that it
> > automagically splits a data set larger than the capacity of 1 disk
> into
> > multiple disks.
>
> i agree with need.

I disagree. K3B is not a backup program, it's a general-purpose optical
burner (and ripper). This kind of "feature" may be useful in a small
number of cases, but IMHO it would be better to have a separate tool to
do the splitting, which then could be used with other burners or indeed
with other media. That's the Unix Way :-)

poc