ktts broken?

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 04:31:24 UTC 2010

Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> that's not my case

I am the one who reported on the ktts userbase page.

I also have a number of festival voices installed, namely:

festvox-awb-arctic-hts-0.20061229-16.fc12.noarch
festvox-slt-arctic-hts-0.20061229-16.fc12.noarch

Both festival and espeak work on the command line here, but not using kttsd.

As I had mentioned on the userbase page, kttsd is not and never is running. It seems
that it will not start at all and it is impossible to choose any voices in the setup,
as none are ever listed, despite being installed.