RFC: kde stability proposal (redux)

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 20:46:38 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> One more call for discussion around another proposal that came out of FUDCon
> Toronto.  Short version of this is that we'd consider slowing down updates a
> step, esp for the second half of a fedora release's lifetime, and to limit
> kde 4.x-type upgrades to at most 1 per release.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Stability_Proposal
>

> Whatever we decide, increasing our transparency by documenting our update
> practices will hopefully help shape everyone''s plans and expectations.  As
> it is, seems these vary wildly.

What will that mean for people like myself looking for little bug
fixes? Also, what is meant to be the goal of this slow down? Is it too
much work for the Fedora KDE devs? If so I would be for it. Otherwise,
I'm quite happy with stability as far as Fedora is concerned.

--
Fedora 11
(www.pembo13.com)