RFC: kde stability proposal (redux)

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 11 15:05:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Thomas Janssen wrote:
>> Yes, they ship it by default. Do we *recommend* the xine backend over
>> the gstreamer backend just because we ship the xine one by default?
>
> Yes, we wouldn't make it the default otherwise!

I'm not sure if that's true. I was in the meetings of our SIG and it
was decided that we ship the xine-backend by default. But i never read
a single line about we *recommending* xine. It was that both had their
pluses and minus and IIRC a voting made the xine the default for now.
And everything looks like that the gstreamer-backend will be the
default in the near future.

Doesn't sound like we really recommend it. So, what i was telling was,
just because it's shipped by default, doesn't mean automatically it is
recommended. IMO.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium