Maximum number of clients reached

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sat Mar 13 06:04:04 UTC 2010

I'm having no such problem with Chrome. However, I have noticed, that on
occaission, Chrome being Beta that it gets stuck and several processes remain
in memory.

Just out of curiosity how much memory do you have?
If you were to open ksysguard, do you see a reasonable amount of process?

Eli

On Saturday 13 March 2010 01:43:06 Neal Becker wrote:
> Neal Becker wrote:
> > I keep getting X errors:
> >  Maximum number of clients reached
> >
> > I've never seen these before, but recently it's happening all the time.
> > How can I debug this?
>
> I'm starting to suspect that google chrome is the culprit.
>
>  sudo lsof -c X | grep socket | wc
>

>     219    1971   16644
>
> Now close chrome:
>
> [nbecker at nbecker1 jupiter]$ sudo lsof -c X | grep socket | wc
>

>      60     540    4560

believed to be clean.