Maximum number of clients reached

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 14:06:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-13 at 08:04 +0200, Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> I'm having no such problem with Chrome. However, I have noticed, that on
> occaission, Chrome being Beta that it gets stuck and several processes remain
> in memory.
>
> Just out of curiosity how much memory do you have?
> If you were to open ksysguard, do you see a reasonable amount of process?

[Please remember not to top-post]

I use Chrome as my day-to-day browser and mostly it works well, but if
for any reason it crashes, or you shut down or log out without quitting
it, it tends to leave several processes lying around, as has already
been said. AFAIK these processes will stay there forever unless you
explicitly kill them (pgrep -fl chrome; pkill -9 chrome).

Then you often have to clean up the mess by removing stuff from
~/.cache/google-chrome/Cache and possibly ~/.config/google-chrome. I
haven't completely figured it out yet, but if you don't do this then a
new session of Chrome is likely to hang on some of your tabs. The exact
conditions aren't clear to me.

IOW you need to remember this is Beta software, and unlike a lot of
Google stuff in this case Beta really means Beta.

poc