address book problems

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 16:27:54 UTC 2010

On Friday 26 March 2010, Anne Wilson wrote:

> We can not fix YOU!  If you are getting KOrganizer when you open
> KAddressBook you have done something incredibly stupid in the setup,
> and I can't imagine what it can be.  Please read the instructions again
> and try to follow them this time.

Well, I've got it working now. Ended up having to launch Kontact instead of
KMail, which, to me, is a huge waste of screen resources, but I managed to
hide all the extra junk I don't need, so I'll wait for the next release of
KDE to avoid messing this up any worse than it is.

I stick by my feeling that if KDE developers hadn't broken integration, I
wouldn't have had to mess with things to begin with.

Please, guys...if at all possible, look at releasing a repair upgrade for
Kmail/Kontact/KDEPIM that repairs the broken integration, and please... if
a central app like this is not completely ready, don't release the upgrade
in the future!