Switching folders in KMail takes a while?

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 15:08:38 UTC 2010

> Martin Kho wrote:
> > When I for the first time switch in KMail from one folder to
>
> another it
>
> > takes a few seconds before the content is shown.
>
> I also notice this since about a week, roughly. It seems to be
> when I try to look at the contents of the sent directory.

It looks like 'our friend' Nepomuk causes the delay. When I run:

tail -f .xsessions-errors and switch folders in KMail I get:

[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void
Soprano::Server::ServerCore::slotNewSocketConnection()
void
Soprano::Server::ServerCore::Private::handleIncomingConnection(QIODevice*)
void
Soprano::Server::ServerCore::Private::handleIncomingConnection(QIODevice*) New
connection. New count: 7
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] Soprano::ODBC::Connection::Connection()
Soprano::Server::ServerConnection(0x15b7ae0)
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual void
Soprano::Server::ServerConnection::run() thread done.
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void
Soprano::Server::ServerCore::serverConnectionFinished()
virtual Soprano::Server::ServerConnection::~ServerConnection() Removing
connection
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] virtual Soprano::ODBC::Connection::~Connection()
Soprano::Server::ServerConnection(0x15b7ae0)
[akonadiserver] void Nepomuk::Search::QueryServiceClient::close()
[/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] void
Soprano::Server::ServerCore::serverConnectionFinished() Connection removed.
Current count: 6

Martin Kho

Btw. The error I first mentioned, didn't show up any more. Must be a temporary
hick up. And in F14 (same KDE version) I don't have the delays.