Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Eelko Berkenpies e.berkenpies at gmail.com
Mon May 3 16:09:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 13:21 +0200, Guido Grazioli wrote:
> > 2010/5/3 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > You will have noticed by now that my FESCo term is about to expire,
> that the
> > > nomination period for FESCo just closed and that my name does not show
> up on the
> > > list of candidates. No, this is not an accident or negligence, the
> decision not
> > > to run for another term was intentional, for several reasons:
> > >

> > Hi Kevin, i really like your motivations for being part of the fesco,
> > and voted and
> > supported you even if i dont agree on many of your points. I have the
> impression
> > many people feels the same frustration like me reading your open letter.
> [...]
>
> If people are going to reply to a post most of the members of this
> haven't seen, the least they could do is include a reference to the
> original message. This reply is meant for the Devel list. CC'ing it to
> the Users list with no further information is not helpful.

Which you could have done yourself too... ;-)

Here's the topic in question;
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2010-May/135434.html

PS. Patrick, my intentions are good, I don't want to start a flame war and
please don't take it as an insult, but I couldn't resist. :)