VLC opens mysterious second window

Eelko Berkenpies e.berkenpies at gmail.com
Wed May 12 08:26:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 7:43 AM, Petrus de Calguarium
<kwhiskerz at gmail.com>wrote:

> Gilboa Davara wrote:
>
> > Against which component should I report it? KDE or VLC?
>
> Oh, much appreciated. I wasn't sure whether this warranted a bug report, as
> it
> is a prerelease.
>
> Well, I am not the person to ask, but it would appear to be VLC that is not
> correctly coded. VLC originates from rpmfusion, but lately some special
> releases (for fedora 13, possibly other fedoras) have come from kde-redhat,
> so
> I presume you can use bugzilla.redhat.com.

The reason the VLC builds are in kde-unstable at the moment is to test the
new phonon-backend-vlc, afaik. The backend needs to be compiled against a
recent VLC (as in, >= 1.1.0 development snapshots).

We had a problem regarding a stream which refuses to play, we decided to
take it upstream since seemed to be a general problem;
http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3552