KDE 4.4.80 and PyKDE4

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri May 28 18:48:50 UTC 2010

On 05/28/2010 01:31 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 27 May 2010 15:02:24 Anne Wilson wrote:

>>> Rex's announcement said that kdebindings is currently not compiling. I
>>> believe PyKDE4 is a part of kdebindings which in turn means that the
>>> beta doesn't (yet) have python support. We just have to wait a little
>>> while until a fix is found. In the meantime you can just yum remove
>>> kdebase-workspace-python-applet for the moment and reinstall it when
>>> kdebindings is fixed.
>>
>> Didn't realise that it was part of kdebindings.  In view of Rex's
>> announcement, I'll just give it a few more hours and try again.
>>
>> Thanks for answering
>>
> The update is still failing for me.  I'm getting masses of messages like
>
> Transaction Check Error:
>    file /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kinfocenter/dma/index.cache.bz2 from install of
> kdebase-workspace-4.4.80-2.fc13.i686 conflicts with file from package
> kdebase-6:4.4.3-2.fc13.1.i686
>    file /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kinfocenter/index.cache.bz2 from install of
> kdebase-workspace-4.4.80-2.fc13.i686 conflicts with file from package
> kdebase-6:4.4.3-2.fc13.1.i686
>
> Obviously others are not seeing this, since good updates are being reported,
> so what's wrong on my system?

How are you doing the update?

there is a kdebase-4.4.80 build available, I wonder why your transaction
isn't picking it up?

Either way, I'd like to see the full error list, if you can get that to
me.  (I'll insert appropriate Conflicts: tags into the packaging to
avoid having to fail with file conflicts at transaction time).

-- Rex