kde-4.6.2 in kde-testing, f14/f15

John5342 john5342 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:34:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 05:36, Eli Wapniarski <eli at orbsky.homelinux.org> wrote:
>> > Transaction Check Error:
>> >     file /usr/share/kde4/services/phononbackends/gstreamer.desktop from
>> >
>> > install of phonon-backend-gstreamer-2:4.5.0-1.fc14.x86_64 conflicts with
>> > file from package phonon-backend-gstreamer-2:4.4.4-2.fc14.i686
>>
>> You *probably* don't want phonon-backend-gstreamer.i686 on your x86_64
>> box anyway, do you?
>>
>> I suppose I can add multilib support here, but doing this all by hand is
>> quickly becoming unmanagageable.
>>

> Gratz on the new release. The install went without a hitch.
>
> I don't use the gstreamer plugin... However, there are cases where one uses
> the 32 bit libraries in a 64 bit environment (eg wine users)

phonon actually only applies to kde/qt applications that use the
phonon framework. Wine does not fall under that category. Wine uses
pulseaudio/alsa directly. At most perhaps it might have grown the
ability to use gstreamer itself for something like DirectShow since i
last looked but that still has nothing to do with
phonon-backend-gstreamer.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...