Filtering sent mail in KMail2

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:40:43 UTC 2011

Hi folks! :-)

After the main KMail2 rants have passed, I guess it is my turn to report a
problem... ;-)

After composing a new mail, I hit send, and after sending I expect the local
copy of my message to be filtered into a relevant folder, as I configured it
(before you ask --- yes, I did turn on the option "apply this filter to sent
messages" in the filter settings).

But it doesn't happen, the message gets put and stays in the default sent-mail
folder, instead of where I want it to go.

The filter itself is ok, since I can later go to sent-mail, select the message,
choose "apply all filters" from the menu (or press ctrl-j), and then the filter
works as expected, moving the message into the appropriate folder. So it does
work on manual filtering, but not automatically after the message has been
sent.

So as a workaround, after I finish writing all e-mails, I usually go to sent-
mail, select everything, apply all filters, and be done with it. But it is
slowly starting to get on my nerves, since this is really something that
should be done automatically (and was automatic in KMail1...).

Is anyone else seeing this?

I'd appreciate any advice/hints/info.

Btw, using up-to-date F16/KDE, and so far KMail2 works well for me, no other
problems.

Best, :-)
Marko