Device Notifier and NFS

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Dec 19 11:49:18 UTC 2011

Am Montag, 19. Dezember 2011, 07:36:59 schrieb Patrick Boutilier:
> On 12/19/2011 04:53 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > I have 2 NFS mounted file systems that show up in Device Notifier with
> > the option to open with file manager.  This on an F16 system.
> >
> > Is there a way to disable these showing in the Notifier?
>
> In Device Notifier Settings is "All Devices" checked or "Removable
> Devices Only" ?

I have the same problem. The notifier is set to show removable devices only.
Main problem is, that these NFS mounts are shown in dolphin sidebar as well
(They are show twice, once as NFS share and as mounted file). A klick to one
of these always bring up an error. Additionally I get an unmount error on the
server for a not exported "/" NFS share.

In the notifier I have set all NFS shares to hidden.

Martin