Session Restore

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Dec 27 05:07:51 UTC 2011

Weird, yet minor, problem....  But still want to find a reason/fix.

Running a fully updated F16 system and KDE (of course).  If I log out of
a session most applications are restored on log in.  I know there are
some exceptions and that isn't the issue.

I have 6 desktops and if I log out while in Desktop 2, I would expect to
be back at Desktop 2 when I login.  But, no matter what, I always find
myself back in Desktop 1.  I have "Different widgets for each desktop"
defined.  However, I've not been able to reproduce the failure on a VM.
Dang....

So, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to figure out what is
preventing what should be the expected behavior?

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless