Amarok don't like MySQL 5.5.8

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jan 13 06:39:56 UTC 2011

Martin Kho wrote:
> Update FYI:
> Today Amarok was updated to version 2.4.0-1 (final?). This version still
> crashes in combination with MySQL 5.5.8. Upstream says that the issue is
> "resolved upstream".

"RESOLVED UPSTREAM" just means that the issue is "resolved" as far as KDE is
concerned since the bug is not in KDE, but in an upstream library (MySQL in
this case). It doesn't actually claim that the bug is resolved in MySQL.

> But seemingly it isn't. I've also filed a bugreport against MySQL [1]. One
> of the testcases is crashing, because of the same reason.

Looks like there's already a bug report and a patch in upstream MySQL's bug
tracker, hopefully we'll get a fixed build soon!

        Kevin Kofler