4.5.95 (4.6 RC2) + kdepim-4.4.9 Blank address book

Peter G. pgueckel at telus.net
Thu Jan 13 21:00:33 UTC 2011

Colin J Thomson wrote:

> The checkbox, just to confirm is that the one you get to via System
> Settings > Personal Information > Resources, if so that was already
> checked.

This is so trivial that I probably should not have even mentioned it, but no, I
meant the check box in each of kaddressbook and korganizer. It appears in
kaddressbook in the left panel and in korganizer at the left bottom box.

Although I had undertaken all of the configurations in system settings, when I
ran each of these programs, I panicked when no data was shown, and then I
noticed that the resources were disabled by default in both of the programs.

With the problems of kdepim/akonadi integration being legendary and having
caused the long delay in the release of the 4.6 versions corresponding to the
rest of kde, naturally I held my breath after upgrading to the test releases,
and when no data was shown, I did panic for a moment... until, to my great
relief, I saw that the aforementioned boxes had been disabled by default.