strange font colors and plasma-desktop issue

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Jul 13 11:56:49 UTC 2011

(1) Fonts Colors:

After I updated last night all was well. Machine was rebooted too. This
morning I unplugged closed lid and laptop went to sleep - when I opened
it - all font colors were wrong. The terminal instead of being black on
pale yellow - was light gray on yellow - and the menu's in the panel
were yellow fonts!!

Logging out and back in fixed it ... any ideas what may have caused this?

(I did see some font discussions earlier and wine - last night there was
a wine update but not sure its related.)

(2) plasma-desktop dies after updates

Also after the update last night - the panel freezes - this is not
uncommon after any update i have to log out and back in as
plasma-desktop seems to be either dead or broken.

thanks

gene/