ktnef - don't read if allergic to MS

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Jul 26 13:13:36 UTC 2011

1) Is ktnef available as an RPM in any Fedora repository?
(It's an application to read the annoying winmail.dat attachments
which seem to be coming in more MS Outlook emails.)

2) I thought KMail used to have an option to read HTML mail?
I don't see it now.
When I get HTML mail I'm asked (usually twice) to Click Here
to read it.
This is fine; I just wondered if there had been a change?

3) Is there any Linux/KDE equivalent to the vcard signatures
I used to get with some Outlook email?
I thought they were rather nice.
As far as I can see, Outlook now wraps them in a winmail.dat file
which makes them doubly unreadable.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net