plasma-nm nm09 branch snapshots coming to kde-testing

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:17:43 UTC 2011

Rex Dieter wrote:

> What's the hubub in $SUBJECT mean?  speak english man!
>
> Well, in particular, I'll be moving a new
> kde-plasma-networkmanagement-0.9-0.53.20110616git.nm09.fc15
> build into f15's kde-testing repo shortly.  As opposed to prior
> plasma-nm builds in f15 that use some hacks/patches in nm-0.9 to be
> backward compatible with nm-0.8 clients, these newer builds will use
> nm-0.9 in native mode.
>
> That's a lot of techno-gibberish, admittedly, but what it means is this
> native nm-0.9 support is the future. Moving forward, we'd like to get a
> native nm09 client into f15 as soon as possible, and that means we need
> to test, test, test this sucker.
>
> So, please go forth and do.  Thank you.
>
> -- Rex

I'm testing.  First experience was bad - just updated and then logout/login.
Pretty much locked up the machine.  Had to force reboot.  This means the upgrade
path may not be possible - might have to wait for F16.

After reboot, seems to work on wired at least.  Haven't tried wireless yet.

In case of disaster, what is the procedure to downgrade (assuming I can get a
network connection somehow)?