hidden wifi how?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Tue Sep 6 15:06:13 UTC 2011

 I am running F15 fully updated with:

 kde-plasma-networkmanagement-0.9-0.54.20110812git.nm09.fc15.x86_64

 There is a wifi network which has hidden SSID (I don't like this but it
is there nonetheless). I need to connect to it.

 At one point I could click on a list of hidden networks - at another
point there was a place I could hand type in the hidden SSID - now there
is nothing - it is not showing up in the list and there seems to be no
way to connect to it.

 The network is configured, and password etc are fine when I choose
"manage connections" - however all I can do there is view or edit the
details but not connect.

 So, how do I ask the applet to connect to a known hidden wifi network?

 Thanks!

 gene