Some kde program buttons mouse select-able, but can't mouse activate

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Wed Sep 28 00:58:41 UTC 2011

On 09/27/2011 07:50 PM, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> On 09/27/2011 04:24 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>>>      From the gnome 3 shell in rawhide and F16, when I use k3b or dolphin, I
>>> cannot activate buttons with the mouse.  I can select the button, but
>>> then have to press the enter key to activate the button.  For menu
>>> items, I can select and activate with the mouse.  Mouse and keyboard are
>>> on an USB kvm switch.  Don't see this with previous versions of Fedora.
>>
>> What Qt widget style are you using? Oxygen? Qt's "GTK+" style (QGtkStyle)?
>> Something else?
>>
>> Does it also happen with a different widget style?
>>
>>           Kevin Kofler
>>

> I hate to sound dense, but I have no idea.  I use gnome-3 for just about
> everything and just use some KDE programs via the g-3 shell.  I can
> logon to kde and find out.  What pgm do I use to find out?  I can
> research this and get back to you.
>
> Thanks for the interest.

rpm -qa | grep -i 'oxygen\|gtk+'
oxygen-icon-theme-4.7.1-1.fc17.noarch

Well, this is kinda embarrassing.  Logging on to kde-plasma gives me the
gnome-shell with what look like kde fallback mode menu bar at the
bottom.  Anyway, tried to find widget style but don't have a clue what
to look for.  Going back to just gnome and launching k3b from a gnome
terminal leads to the same issues, but do get some msgs that may be useful:

[kunkelc at P5K-EWIFI <17> ~]$ k3b
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a
valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you
tried to call i18n related functions before your main component was
created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
Window manager warning: Invalid WM_TRANSIENT_FOR window 0x3400004
specified for 0x3400013 (k3b).
[kunkelc at P5K-EWIFI <17> ~]$ k3b(3157)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use
QAction "view_projects" with KXMLGUIFactory!
k3b(3157)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_dir_tree" with
KXMLGUIFactory!
k3b(3157)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_contents" with
KXMLGUIFactory!
k3b(3157)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "location_bar" with
KXMLGUIFactory!
UPnP device entered: "uuid:64f219fe-ffcd-f732-9957-a760c5d287c4"
UPnP device entered: "uuid:522699cc-a7c9-41b0-8473-398d53c66343"
UPnP device entered: "uuid:74da16bf-0147-86fc-346d-7c813842c420"
QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver<--when k3b killed.

I'm going to do a kde only install and see what I can find.

--
Regards,
OldFart