Fedora clamav package on CentOS 6 - SOLVED

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jan 18 13:35:33 UTC 2012

Anne Wilson wrote:

> Anyway, in case someone turns this up in the archives - the problem is
> solved.  I had been advised to change my repo priorities, and doing so
> had resulted in a mixture of packages from epel and rpmforge.  Once that
> was recognised the situation could be resolved.

How does one change repo priorities, as a matter of interest?
I thought yum just installed the latest version of a package,
regardless of which repo it is in.

Incidentally, I get many (too many) messages about Clamav every day
in my logwatch, eg today
 --------------------- clam-update Begin ------------------------

 Last ClamAV update process started at Mon Jan  2 04:02:09 2012

 Last Status:
    main.cvd is up to date (version: 54, sigs: 1044387, f-level: 60,
builder: sven)
    daily.cld is up to date (version: 14222, sigs: 59336, f-level: 63,
builder: guitar)
    bytecode.cld is up to date (version: 159, sigs: 38, f-level: 63,
builder: edwin)
    [LibClamAV] Detected duplicate databases /var/lib/clamav/main.cvd and
/var/lib/clamav/main.cld, please manually remove one of them

Some programs seem to feel they have to tell you how they are doing!
Well, I suppose I should remove one of those databases ...

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net