FYI: virtuoso-opensource

Martin Airs martin at airs.me.uk
Sat Jul 7 21:28:38 UTC 2012

On Saturday 07 Jul 2012 14:48:58 Martin Airs wrote:
> Good day all,
>
> Since updating to KDE 4.8.95 I noticed that nepomuk searching had stopped
> working, since nepomuk has always been something I've only played with and
> never really relied upon I never mentioned it.
>
> However I have now got it working again by downgrading virtuoso-opensource
> from virtuoso-opensource-6.1.5-2  to virtuoso-opensource-6.1.4-4
>
> download the 6.1.4 version from koji at
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=294180
>
> get virtuoso-opensource and virtuoso-opensource-apps, and then
> yum downgrade /path/to/virtuoso-*.rpm
>
> there are no dependencies to worry about either
>
> then disable/enable desktop search and virtuoso should reindex and then
> dolphin and krunner should now find your indexed documents.
>
> Martin

Ok I've been having a play, I do actually really like whole nepomuk/akonadi
idea its just a shame its never been 100% reliable.

anyway, I noticed that if I right clicked on an imap folder and into folder
properties, then went to the maintenance tab, the "enable full text indexing"
box was ticked and it said "folder still not indexed" under it.

In Akonadi Console, I also noticed that when the system was idle the "Akonadi
Nepokuk Feeder" said it was ready to index, but never actually did anything.

So as an experiment I edited my ~/.kde/share/config/akonadi_nepomuk_feederrc
file...

[InitialIndexing]
IndexCompatLevel=3
InitialIndexingComplete=true

[akonadi_nepomuk_email_feeder]
Enabled=true

[akonadi_nepomuk_feeder]
DisableIdleDetection=true

I figured if I set the InitialIndexingComplete to false it would reindex all
my mail, and to get things moving (rather than only working when the system is
idle) set DisableIdleDetection to true.

Then I went back to Akonadi Console and right clicked on the "Akonadi Nepokuk
Feeder" and pressed "Restart Agent". Away it went, It took a very long time, I
thought the virtuoso-t process has gone into an unending loop for a while, but
it did eventually finish.

and now the search in kmail works! amazed.

Martin