kdewebdev forever QT3

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun May 20 21:18:03 UTC 2012

Allen Winter wrote:
> I have seen zero work put toward porting kdewebdev to KDE3/Qt4
>
> which is too bad really.

Actually, the one app he's asking about, KFileReplace, has been ported! What
is still unfinished is the port/rewrite of Quanta. We are shipping KDE 3
kdewebdev because Quanta is the main app in it and it uses the other stuff
in it. (In fact, the reason why something as generic as KFileReplace is in
kdewebdev is exactly because Quanta uses it.) Shipping KDE 3 Quanta with the
other stuff from KDE 4 kdewebdev is something we haven't been looking into,
because KDE 4 Quanta was always "coming soon". But now it's still not
released! We could look into it again…

        Kevin Kofler