Fedora Audio spin desktop theme

Brendan Jones brendan.jones.it at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 07:10:47 UTC 2012

On 11/11/2012 02:03 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Brendan Jones wrote:
>> Would someone like to have a quick look at this spec before I submit it
>> for review? I've made the package require spherical-cow and symlinked
>> common settings/files.
>
> So, from a technical standpoint, I cannot see any glaring faults, other than
> the name of your %global variable "backgrounds-kde-version", which the
> KatePart's RPM specfile syntax highlighting colors as a syntax error,
> probably because of the '-' characters in it.
>
> What I'm missing, though, is:
> 1. a plan for how you want to make this the default theme on your spin and
> 2. a discussion on whether it's appropriate for an official Fedora spin (as
> opposed to a remix) to ship its own artwork.

Thanks Kevin. I'll make the suggested changes before submitting the SPEC.

The artwork is based on spherical cow (it simple has a wave form
superimposed over the top).  So I'm hoping there should not be too much
of an issue there. We would like to continue embracing the theme of the
current Fedora release.

The kickstart makes it fairly easy for us to select the default theme
for live user and /etc/skel provides us with a way to select the default
theme for the installed user.

The spin still needs to get a final sign off by the spins SIG (they are
a bit behind at the moment) and I'm hoping all questions regarding the
appropriateness of the artwork should be answered there.