amarok won't start

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:29:38 UTC 2012

Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 14.09.2012 16:12, schrieb Neal Becker:
>> amarok-2.6.0-3.fc17.x86_64
>> kde 4.9.1
>>
>> amarok won't start anymore.   All I can get is a blank icon, and the amarok
>> process has to be killed with kill -KILL.  Anyone else having trouble?
>
> these are not enough informations!
> what is the output if you start it from a konsole?

Starting without -debug,

amarok
loaded the Generic plugin
QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
Object::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter
Object::disconnect: Unexpected null parameter
** AMAROK WAS STARTED IN NORMAL MODE. IF YOU WANT TO SEE DEBUGGING INFORMATION,
PLEASE USE: **
** amarok --debug
**
"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<lfm status="failed">
<error code="10">Invalid API key - You must be granted a valid key by
last.fm</error></lfm>
"
QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method App::onWsError(lastfm::ws::Error)
"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<lfm status="failed">
<error code="10">Invalid API key - You must be granted a valid key by
last.fm</error></lfm>
"
QMetaObject::invokeMethod: No such method App::onWsError(lastfm::ws::Error)
"Invalid API key - You must be granted a valid key by last.fm" 10