Akonadi fails to start: Unable to add column 'version' to table 'SchemaVersionTable'

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 00:38:41 UTC 2012

On Saturday, September 22, 2012 18:58:13 Martin Kho wrote:
> On Saturday 22 September 2012 10:20:52 Garry Williams wrote:
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> Have you akonadi-mysql installed?

Yes, Rex Deiter replied the same off-list.

The real problem was that I updated "kde\*" and that didn't include
akonadi.  Installing akonadi-mysql restored the missing configuration
file.  But the 'Unable to add column' problem was due to my local
mysql.conf file.  I uncommented this line to get past the error:

    #lower_case_table_names=1

I don't know why this was commented or even why the file was there in
the first place.  I renamed the file and restarted akonadi and all is
well.

Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Garry T. Williams