qt-4.8/kde-4.10 (hopefully) for rhel6 coming soon

Alf B. Rustad alf at mykolab.com
Fri Apr 5 08:29:06 UTC 2013

On 28.03.2013 18:22, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 03/28/2013 05:04 AM, Alf Birger Rustad wrote:
>
>> Fantastic, just what I need and I really need it now. Please consider
>> packaging Kdevelop next. I am certainly going to test your packages
>> and report
>> back as soon as I get back from Easter holidays.
>
> Ask and ye shall receive, added
> kdevelop
> (and kdesdk whose build previously was broken)
>
> -- rex

You have been extraordinary responsive to wishes, so you will have to
excuse me from hammering with my most pressing remaining issue, Exchange
sync with Kontact. I have made an attempt to compile the Exchange plugin
myself. Basically doing the usual drill with
  svn checkout
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/pim/akonadi/exchange
  cd exchange
  mkdir build && cd build
  cmake ..
Chasing down dependencies as they are reported. Right now I am down to
a warning about smbclient needed (which I don't seem to get past), but
still running make seems to do nothing. I guess this could simply mean
the build is broken, in which case I will need to report upstream.
Alternatively, I am just confused by the mix of autotools and cmake
based build instructions under playground and have done a trivial error.

The above is a must-have for me, but certainly on the nice-to-have
there seems to be at least one remaining item. KDE Telepathy.

Cheers,
Alf